   RE: [xml-dev] Replacing the XML parser in JRE 1.4&later

You can't replace the parser in JDK 1.4 but you can set system properties to
make your application load a different one. However, it depends on how your
application is obtaining a parser - is it through the JAXP ParserFactory
class, or the SAXParserFactory, or perhaps a DocumentBuilderFactory...?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/