   Re: [xml-dev] Exposing resources/services vs hiding implementation detai

> I think the benefits to a single URI are few when compared with the
> benefits of having many (well, one per resource anyhow 8-);

Yes, you've said this before (e.g., [1]). I've explained why the drawbacks
sometimes outweigh the benefits ([2]).  As best as I can understand it,
your response is "I'm sure I'm right" [3].  This post to which I'm
responding, [4], follows the same flawless[*] logic.

So far, only Joe Gregorio has tried ([5], and the followups between he and
I) to address the issues I raised in [2] with facts and architecture
discussions.  I don't think they work, but he seems to be the only one
trying.  I hope he continues; HTTP and REST would benefit greatly even if
they got only one of reliability or end-to-end security.

        /r$

[1] http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200503/msg00438.html
[2] http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200503/msg00440.html
[3] http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200503/msg00443.html
[4] http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200504/msg00214.html
[5] http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200503/msg00448.html
[*] Literally; it is impossible to argue against, so it is without
    flaw.  It's value, however, is another matter. :)