   RE: [xml-dev] XML Performance Improvements through InterdisciplinaryFact

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Andrew Layman wrote:

> I wonder if we could produce something by sticking these ideas together,
> combining early middle-eastern writing patterns with this proposal,
> using XML written right-to-left when sending and left-to-right when
> returning, producing what I think would be "boustrophedonic XML" or
> "BXML". Or "LMXB"?

Oh, I think so.  Good NWI.  We may need some additional Unicode
characters, or at least fonts, however (sorry, I don't know Unicode
that well) because boustrophedon runs not only RTL and LTR, but also "up"
BTT and "down" TTB, and the stance of each character changes
with the direction of the writing; that requires 90, 180, and 270
degree rotations for each character (in the display).

-rcc