Lists Home |
Date Index |
Hmmmm, what Does SOAP/WS Do that A REST System Can't?
1) Provides big vendors with new vendor lock-in and marketing spin
2) Adds additional complexity and obfuscation that are unnecessary in many
3) Adds a lot of overhead.
4) Provides a marked reduction in scalability, especially when used by the
unwashed masses as an RPC mechanism.
5) Highlights the beauty of KISS-based approaches.
6) Lets you create an acronym that has no formal expansion, which sounds like
7) Gives the XML-Dev group, and the industry as a whole, lots to
8) Opens up the door to silly questions.
Andrzej Jan Taramina
Chaeron Corporation: Enterprise System Solutions