Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: xml-dev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Fast Infoset: does the name fit?
- From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 08:25:43 -0400
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Macintosh/20050317)
Question for the Sun folks:
You've been careful to call your binary format "Fast Infoset" and not
use the word XML. That's better. However, what about the word "Infoset"?
Is FI a faithful representation of the XML Infoset? In particular,
1. Does FI refuse to encode XML documents that do not have well-defined
infosets? For instance, does it disallow relative namespace URIs? Does
every FI have a well-defined XML infoset?
2. Can FI represent infosets that do not have equivalent XML
serializations? For instance, infosets in which the in-scope namespaces
property is inconsistent with the namespace attributes property?
Elliotte Rusty Harold firstname.lastname@example.org
XML in a Nutshell 3rd Edition Just Published!