   RE: [xml-dev] The Rising Sun: How XML Binary Restored the Fortune s of

However, I still believe that there are many **producers** of XML who, in fact, care only
about the "infoset" portion of the XML they produce.  In other words, they:

- don't need the ability to use general entity references

- don't need the freedom to choose the nature and amount of whitespace
inside tags

- don't need the freedom to choose between a starttag/endtag pair or an
empty element tag

- don't need the freedom to choose between apostrophe and quote for
attributes

- don't need the freedom to choose the order of attributes

- have no special desire to violate namespace-well-formedness

and so on.

Those guys will not miss anything if the API they use to produce the XML produces a fast infoset document instead.

This is why I said that the infoset is important.  The infoset captures all the information content (in an XML document) that many (most?) people care about.

Alessandro