   Re: [xml-dev] Are URIs Resources? (WAS RE: [xml-dev] Re: Non-info set)

doesn't at least some of this come from the dual use of a uri in the
html 'a' tag.

one is reference (function if you like) while the other is a ... name.

takes a while to get your head around this when playing with rdf. in xul
the uri tells something (usually a tree) where to go to get a resource
and which parts of it are relevant.

in the resource the uri's are used to tag resources for retrieval.

in C we use pointers in a similar way: x is the pointer and it's name,
&something is where the value is, and *x is it's value.

pointers are the strength of C (and it's comprehension weakness) - uri's
seem to have a similar role.

rick

begin:vcard
fn:Rick  Marshall