   RE: [xml-dev] Question on xml namespace

  • To: "Saha Rabindra N" <saha.rn@mellon.com>, "XML Developers List" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Question on xml namespace
  • From: "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:26:24 -0400

Title: [xml-dev] Question on xml namespace

A bit of a controversial question, but here's my take:

Namespaces can act as "collectors" of XML constructs (elements/attributes/datatypes) for some purpose. I say "some" purpose because it is left open to how namespaces are used.

For example, I know of one e-forms product that uses namespaces as a way to route information in a form to multiple systems by using the namespace as a mechanism - that is, all information that was entered into the form into fields that are associated with constructs (in the XML schema "behind" the form) that are in a given namespace (got that so far?) are routed to channel A, which processes information for that "vocabulary".

Hope that helps--

Joe

Joseph Chiusano

Booz Allen Hamilton