   Re: [xml-dev] Something altogether different?

Michael Champion wrote:
> I dunno ... I can't say this vision appeals to me, but I can see the
> momentum for RSS and microformats converging to produce this kind of
> thing more easily than I can envision the Semantic Web, or WS-*
> creating a worlwide services network, or XQuery as a way of integrated
> XML views of diversely structured data on the web.   The world would
> probably be a better place if one or more of these came into being
> rather than the Web of Data, but the world being the way it is, I
> guess Bosworth's vision is a lot more likely to evolve, at least if
> you buy Shirky's analysis in
> http://www.shirky.com/writings/evolve.html

Thanks for the link. Also thanks to Jonathan Robie for picking a thread
of sense out of that muddled article.

I'm reminded of the strident attacks here on the very notion of binary
XML (while Len sits out the fray quietly saying, hey, it's happening).
The forces of order vs. evolution?

Is the XML community too anal to survive?

Bob Foster