   Re: [xml-dev] [ANN] XML Pipeline Language (XPL) submission now at W3C

* Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org> [2005-04-29 20:28]:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Erik Bruchez wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > We are pleased to announce that the XML Pipeline Language (XPL)
> > submission is now available at W3C:
> >
> >    http://www.w3.org/Submission/2005/SUBM-xpl-20050411/
> >
> > A Cover Pages article mentions the submission:
>
> The URL is:
>
> http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2005-04-27-a.html
>
> I took occasion to reference some of the more easily discovered
> XML pipeline projects; if I have egregiously overlooked something
> important, please send email and I'll update the document with
> a pointer to the project.  Hmmm, forgot Cocoon, now that I think
> about it...

    I've developed an XML Pipeline engine. I've been moving toward
    and open source release, but haven't gotten too much interest,
    so I'm not rushing it.

    http://engrm.com/blogometer/2005/04/14/what-does-a-pipeline-look-like.html

    I'm using it to run my web site and in one other project.

    The pipeline language does not contian conditionals itself. I'm
    using Saxon XSLT 2.0 to generate the pipelines, and running
    those, since Relay builds and executes pretty quick.

    Caching of documents, caching of configured processors,
    dependency management, with an easy to implement processor API.

    Again, if anyone is interested, let me know.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html