   Re: [xml-dev] Jim Gray article on Next Generation Databases

On May 4, 2005, at 10:30 PM, David Lyon wrote:

> On Thu, 5 May 2005 12:28 pm, Matthew Terenzio wrote:
>>> One suggestion I would have for companies like mysql is to
>>> get their database running on something like morphix so that
>>> the whole thing becomes self-contained
>>
>> It might appeal to many, but many would also like to choose every
>> little detail.
>
> I'm interested....
>
> can you elaborate on that...?
>
> David

Just saying that while it's true that OS moves toward commodity, there
are still just so many  who prefer to choose exactly what they run
MySQL on, for a great number of reasons,
some legitimate and others religious.

But you are right, now that I think about it from the perspective of a
dedicated box. I don't always have that luxury.
I also tend to use Postgres, if the choice is mine.