   Principles of XML design

Several times when a question on XML design has come up here, I've
pointed to one of my articles in this series, and the feedback has been
good, so I thought I'd make a more holistic mention.  The latest
installment is out:  "When the order of XML elements matters"
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-eleord.html.  See
Copia[1] for more.

The other articles are:

"When to use elements versus attributes"
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-eleatt.html
"Use XML namespaces with care"
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-namcar.html
"Element structures for names and addresses"
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-elemdes.html
"Considering container elements"
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-contain.html

Also worth mentioning my discussion of ERH's excellent book _Effective
XML_:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think25.html

And speaking of ERH, I'm very happy to note that he also has a column
now on IBM developerWorks:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-mxd1.html

I hope folks find all this helpful.

[1] http://copia.ogbuji.net/blog/2005-05-05/Principles

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com