Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: XML List Developers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: attribute order
- From: Rick Marshall <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 09:31:29 +1000
- Organization: Zenucom Pty Ltd
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6 (X11/20040502)
i've read a lot on this list about attribute order and the related
problem of "how do i decide to make something an attribute or an element?"
surely one simple answer to both these questions is "if order matters
then it is an element. if order doesn't matter then consider other
things - white space significance, character encoding, etc."
in fact a short(?) list of the differences between entities and
attributes would make these decisions a lot easier.
perhaps we could build such a list (or advertise a link to one).
tel;cell:+61 411 287 530