   Re: [xml-dev] Principles of XML design

On May 6, 2005, at 5:48 PM, Richard Tobin wrote:

> No.  It *could* have been like that, but it isn't.
>
> XML didn't magically appear out of nowhere.  It was designed
> as a subset of SGML, and people already knew what SGML meant,
> and the order of attributes is not significant.

As pointed out earlier, that statement is not always true.... you can
assert "order of attributes is not significant" as much as you like, to
which I will reply "to whom?" and happily provide evidence to the
counter... and don't hand me anything about InfoSet or canonical
processing model etc. because they are a figment of somebody else's
imagination in my application.