   Re: [xml-dev] TAG opinion on XML Binary Format

Jonathan Robie wrote:

> The TAG has posted an opinion on XML Binary Format:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005May/0044
>
> Bottom line: there are a lot of things that would need to be
> demonstrated before they feel it is clear that a Binary XML
> recommendation would be a good thing.
>
> Thoughts?

i thought the security concerns were well stated and should not be
overlooked. we could easily find binary xml quickly becomes yet another
way to compromise systems.....

it was also important to note the tag's unconvinced position on why
binary? and prove it...  why - parsing, compression or speed or all and
it is it end to end or transmisison etc. and i guess in spite of all the
case studies that must have been put in front of them they clearly
weren't convinced.

as others have noted - a lot more pavements to walk on this one.

rick

> Jonathan

> !DSPAM:429491f9170341349315505!

begin:vcard