   Re: [xml-dev] Oracle table to PDF using XML

  • To: Stefan Tilkov <stefan.tilkov@innoq.com>, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Oracle table to PDF using XML
  • From: Jason Aaron Osgood <mrosgood@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 05:55:49 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

Hi Stefan Tilkov-

> When used in a J2EE environment, can it obtain the JDBC
> connection via a javax.sql.DataSource to use the app
> servers connection pooling features?

No problem.  I started with Xalan's SQL extension.  I needed to call
stored procedures, so modified the extension.  Decided the stock SQL
extensions were massively overwraught.  Started over.  Ended up with a
very simple extension for just the few JDBC calls I use.  Essentially
just convenience wrappers for JDBC.  Then moved over to Saxon-8.
Worked as-is.

The XSL extension mechanicism is really, really cool.  Simple and to
the point.  I was very impressed.

Cheers, Jason Aaron Osgood / Seattle WA

zappini.blogspot.com