   Re: [xml-dev] Russian doll schemas stink?

> So, I can think of reasons to localize element definitions. I can also
> think of (legitimate) reasons to create a 30 method Java class instead
> of breaking it up, but that doesn't mean I am 100% happy afterwards. It
> works but it smells.

In the situation I was thinking of, I was working within an industry
group that was migrating from DTDs to XML Schemas. There was an
expectation that XML Schemas would allow better mixing and packaging of
vocabularies. Unfortunately, the shared components weren't actually
shared and instead it just created a lot of conflict because of the
global types. It came down to a vote between venetian blind and russian
doll. I was outvoted ~70 to 1. But believe me, russian dolls would have
been a great solution ;)

All the best,
Jeff Rafter