   Re: [xml-dev] What are web services ?

Ken said:

>To explain synchronous and asynchronous communication, I use a telephone
>example. If someone answers when you call, that synchronous. If no one answers
>but you leave voicemail, that's asynchronous.

Well... your explanation may work well for you. However, you can have
a two way communication and still be asynchronous -- the term simply
means that a common clock between transmitters/receivers is not
required for communication.

So, for a real world analog, I would use -- when I'm talking to my
wife via the telephone, we're on the same page and know what each
other is saying -- however, when I'm talking to my mother-in-law,
it's wasted breath.

tedd
http://sperling.com/