   Re: [xml-dev] Why XML for Messaging?

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 01:54:27PM -0500, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> Now that's the bid.  Still, no one has answered why I need
> pointy brackets for that given comma-delimited ascii worked
> just as well and is smaller.
It's not self-describing? (unless you have headers and then you
have to separate them from the data)....
It doesn't handle sub-structure?  Most database dumnps don't need
substructure, though...
There are better tools for handling XML, both at API level and
at user/data level?

Interoperability means being general, means being less specific,
means in general not being the best for the job at hand, but
good enough, but good enough for lots of jobs is sometimes
better than perfect for only one job.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/