len

From: Dare Obasanjo [mailto:dareo@microsoft.com]

XML is sub-optimal for almost every task we use it for.

It is suboptimal as a document format for the Web. It is suboptimal as a
wire format for distributed computing. It is suboptimal as a program
configuration file format. It is suboptimal as a syntax for programming
languages. It is suboptimal as an business document format.

However it is "good enough" at being all these things that we put up
with it. Anyone can come up with a better format for their specific
scenario. So what?