len

From: Alan Gutierrez [mailto:alan-xml-dev@engrm.com]

    It seems a pity that third parties cannot be consulted, when you
    imagine that you are the third party they would consult.

    To make research available to the USPTO as a passive resource
    might be something that is acceptable legally, but then wouldn't
    we be setting up a battle between PR departments, politicizing
    the patent approval process?

    Wouldn't a software monlith aruge effectively along the lines
    of:

    We spend x billion a year on research and development. How can
    you tell us that our application approval pivots on the consesus
    of a newsgroup.