   Re: [xml-dev] Another Microsoft XML patent

* David Lyon <david.lyon@computergrid.net> [2005-06-07 05:57]:
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 5:04 am, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> >     The U.S. patent system is going to be geared toward protecting
> >     U.S. interests in international trade.

> does this **** continually have to be rubbed in our
> ears, noses and every breathing part?

> when are you guys going to stop getting off on
> insulting people in other countries...

    I did not mean to insult anyone.

    I was blithely stating the obvious as a lead into a point about
    the short-sightedness of the U.S. patent system.

    If anyone feels I made a statement of hubris, that was not my
    intent. I'm merely discussing the motiviations, the inertia
    behind the existing system, which I feel is not in the long term
    interest of the U.S., in any case.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html