   Re: [xml-dev] U.S. Federal Goverment's Data Reference Model (DRM) XML Sc

Mike,

this is the old schema-does-not-support-workflow problem. There is a
way to design around it if you have different message types.. I've
seen a good proposal for FpML that did the following:
  - Have a base schema with all attributes optional
  - Have a derived schema for every message type that uses redefine to
  make certain attributes mandatory, each of the derived schema is in
  its own namespace

So there would be a full definition of a trade, with different
attributes required for trading, settlement, ... The details escape me
right now... but I'm sure I can dig them up somewhere.

Christian