   [Xerces-Java] DOM and schemalocation

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: [Xerces-Java] DOM and schemalocation
  • From: Charles Francoise <loderunnr@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:34:22 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to parse an XML file with Xerces and Java, and I'm facing a
problem.
Xerces can't open schema files if I give him the name as a relative
path. Whether defined in the root tag (xsi:schemaLocation) or as a
property of the parser (DOMParser.setProperty()).

All I get is this error :
[warning] schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document
'./profile.xsd', because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document
could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>.
[error] cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'profile'.

Does anyone know of this behavior ? Can anyone help ?

Thank you
Charles