   RE: [xml-dev] Node location in an XML file with DOM?

I don't think the standard DOM interface offers this information. It's
likely that some implementations do so.

An alternative is to use Saxon's tree implementation, which does have the
option to retain location information from the source file.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/