   Re: [xml-dev] Interesting pair of comments (was Re: [xml-dev] Schema Exp

Pete

> In a protocol / data oriented world, when you up issue, the ideal
> would be to leave the targetNamespace URI (I assume that's the URI
> you're talking about) the same and possibly change the xs:schema
> version attribute (for info).  Any XML instances generated against the
> old schema would also be valid against the new schema.  Thus, in my
> selfish application domain this is not a problem.

This is in essence the POV I've been pushing in the WSDL 2.0 WG for
'LC124' which specifies a processing trick to add open content to
an existing schema - the schema specifies what a receiver may
expect to be available to process, but there may be other stuff
which should be ignored.

This was discussed during the Schema Workshop:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/21-schema-workshop/chairs-
report.html#Versioning

--
http://blog.whatfettle.com