   Re: [xml-dev] Mixed content in data-binding (Was: Re: [xml-dev] Interest

  • To: "Michael Kay" <mike@saxonica.com>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Mixed content in data-binding (Was: Re: [xml-dev] Interesting pair of comments
  • From: "Sylvain Loiseau" <sylvain.loiseau@wanadoo.fr>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:38:59 +0200
  • Cc: 'XML-dev' <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

> I agree there's a convention with document-oriented XML that if you
> remove all the tags, you are left with a human readable piece of text
> that makes sense.

In the TEI vocabulary this is less and less guaranteed. Structures like:

holding a lapsus, should now (in the last version of the TEI guidelines,
P5) be marked:

If I understand correctly, only finite list of values should now be
recorded in attribute (so that no-'atomic' (?) value may always be marked
up further).

This make me think that perenity of the data is concerned with mixed
content.

slv

--
Sylvain Loiseau