   RE: [xml-dev] theories of media languages and error handling

It's exactly this kind of thinking that led XML Schema to the position that
validation failures are not fatal, they simply cause parts of the document
to be marked as invalid. A position which (in the interests of avoiding
excessive complexity) the schema-aware XSLT and XQuery specs have not
followed through.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/