len

From: Doug Rudder [mailto:drudder@drugfacts.com]

True, there's always a give and take and judgement calls galore, but the
principle is sound. For example, we do retain an <emph> tag when something
truly requires emphasis (not simply a font change). However if authors key:

Instead of:

<section>
  <title>Title content</title>
  <para>Para content</para>
</section>

This is a problem, because it will impact output, searching, indexing,
linking, reuse, etc. In most cases, defining content for what it is, not
what it looks like (in a specific output instance) is important. Allowing
minor presentational is fine (e.g., <emph> or even <brk>s in tabular info),
but careful monitoring of correct usage is often required.  :-)

Doug