   RE: [xml-dev] a useful naming convention

Title: RE: [xml-dev] a useful naming convention

Example

<Root>
  <Atag>
    <btag/>
    <ctag/>
  </Atag>
</Root>

<btag> evolves and needs to change to become a complex element.  Do you rename <btag> to <Btag> because it is now a complex structure, or keep it lower case?

<Root>
  <Atag>
    <btag>
      <dtag/>
    </btag>
    <ctag/>
  </Atag>
</Root>

Even worse what if <btag> needs to incorporate a complex structure.  Now <btag> includes upper case elements.

<Root>
  <Atag>
    <btag>
      <Dtag>
         <etag/>
         <ftag/>
      </Dtag>
    </btag>
    <ctag/>
  </Atag>
</Root>

Either way <btag> becomes inconsistant with the naming convention.

--
Jon Barwell