   RE: [xml-dev] How to compare two DOM Node and XML file?

In general, the order of elements in a document is considered to be
significant, and if two processes produce the same elements in different
order, then one of them is potentially wrong. Of course there are some
situations where order of elements does not matter, and in this case you
need to arrange your tests to produce the output in a canonical order.

(Did I understand your question correctly?)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/