   Amazon Patent Filing on Web Services Marketplace

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Amazon Patent Filing on Web Services Marketplace
  • From: "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:11:07 -0400

I forwarded this recent news to the OASIS SOA Reference Model TC -
perhaps some here might be interested in it as well. In an earlier
SOA-RM thread, I mentioned the notion of such a marketplace as being
far-future (which it still may be) - but my emphasis was on a
Priceline.com-type approach in which there would be almost
lightning-speed electronic "bargaining" for the best transactional price
for a service given stated requirements.

Joe

Joseph Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
O: 703-902-6923