   RE: [xml-dev] How to compare two DOM Node and XML file?

> I think the sequence of xml elements is decided by schema. If schema
> doesn't define the sequence, the sequence of elements is NOT
> important?
> Is it right?

No, XML Schema only says what orderings are allowed, it doesn't say whether
ordering is significant.

For example, If a <tbody> can contain many <tr> elements, there's nothing in
Schema to say whether the order of the <tr> elements is significant.

- the elements can appear in any order, but the actual order is significant.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/