Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Bullard, Claude L \(Len\)" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Is HTML structured or unstructured information?
- From: Mukul Gandhi <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:29:44 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=tTHhCLwSXBVmdtNrCCXBGO7//da4vS8fAm6bGNeXUS9g9vyYhySciJfbv/02WFvWGlH28uZzZpF+6oqefpMUzXna7yEIyAryVuNei96oAU/fPBJH58Ayhzj5fQZ1GC+q/swn2bG/ipgeIPILu4AXg+/FhsXzNp05mMYuWDDlaIM= ;
- In-reply-to: <15725CF6AFE2F34DB8A5B4770B7334EE07207235@hq1.pcmail.ingr.com>
Namaste to you too!
You seem to know Hindi (which is India's national
language). I live in India, near Delhi at a place
called Gurgaon, where hard core Hindi is spoken :)
I like HTML a lot! Its simplicity and logical
vocabulary helps me write any complex HTML page I
wish! I first used HTML in 1997. So its 8 years now,
and almost an emotional connection with HTML. Later I
I am not sure, but I think I discovered a piece of
via HTTP POST method.. My manager in my first
organization (He is CTO of accellion.com and a
wonderful person) wanted me to find a way, and I did
so! I learnt all web based skills there. I also wrote
a rudimentary multithreaded web server in Java.
Just last week I wrote a XML streaming over Java
Sockets (in a multithreaded environment) application..
So programming is my passion, and gives me lot of
Have a nice day Len :)
--- "Bullard, Claude L (Len)"
> Namaste, Mukul ji.
> I'm a fast typist, but otherwise, only a philosopher
> and clown.
> HTML is structured by definition. The POV of the
> unstructured search engine varies tag by tag, node
> by node.
> The content of text nodes inside hs, ths, etc, make
> a lot
> of difference to an 'unstructured' search engine, or
> least in the lion, gazelle and hunter model, those
> the easiest lions to pick off before diving into the
> and the attributes of imgs. Then there are the URIs
> themselves, but these can be controversial in some
> The metas are gold if used well, but otherwise, just
> annotations. The more the author annotates, the
> easier it is to clarify intent but not necessarily
> establish truth. For that reason, unstructured
> search systems are problematic the more a decision
> relies on them in real time or in a quantum field
> (the problem of a particle in superposition).
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mukul Gandhi [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Hi Len,
> I am not as knowleadgeable as you are. But IMHO
> 1) HTML is a language for displaying content of
> web page. As for any content, HTML can be treated as
> unstructured information.
> 2) On the other hand, I think, since HTML is a
> vocabulary for Web GUI, it can be treated as
> 3) Since HTML is also a computer language, it can
> treated as such by many people.
> 4) To my experiance, relational data can be
> as structured information since relational data is
> handled by SQL.
> Just my opinion!
Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour: