   Re: [xml-dev] Which license to choose

    How about the GNU Free Documentation Licence ?

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/fdl.html

    A quote from the licence text:

" The purpose of this License is to make a manual, textbook, or other functional and useful document "free" in the sense of freedom: to assure everyone the effective freedom to copy and redistribute it, with or without modifying it, either commercially or noncommercially."

I have a question and I hope someone on this list can help me. If this is the wrong list to ask the question, please let me know.

Currently I am creating XML sample files that I can use when I build and test XML appilcations or when I just want to play with some new technology such as XQuery. I have just created a sourceforge project where I can put my files so other people can use them if they want. I googled and found some licenses such as the OPL (Open Content License) and the Creative Commons licenses. Has anyone experience with licenses that will grant others the right to use the sample files? As far as I'm concerned I do not wish to put any restrictions on the use of the sample files.

Thanks in advance,

Arjan Huijzer
http://www.xamples.org/