   Re: [xml-dev] Talking of HTML.... Anyone like lock-in?

I sent a formal comment on that "feature" and was advised it was an
error that would be corrected; the intention was to _allow_ the
schemaLocation attribute.

That reduces the shock value, but it's still pretty silly. Why don't
they just allow attributes from any foreign namespace on every element
like schema languages do and let processors ignore the attributes they
don't recognize?

(I didn't fare so well with my accompanying suggestion that it was
absurd to use XML Schema for XHTML validation, as there are so many
constraints it can't model. The response to that was more like "Harumph!
XML Schema is an official W3 recommendation!". ;)

Bob Foster
http://xmlbuddy.com/