len

From: Doug Rudder [mailto:drudder@drugfacts.com]

This is the single most offensive post I've ever read (which is a shame
since it comes from someone I've always respected).

One can make (and many scientists have made) a solid, logical, and truly
scientific argument that evolutionary theory itself is more religion than
science. Your comments are extremely religious in nature; you've taken
unproven theory and portrayed it as the One Truth, condemning all other
positions as superstitions and its practitioners as mindless, evil,
"hideously perverse" morons instead of caring parents and intelligent human
beings. I guess what is most disappointing is that someone who seems to
advocate broad thinking could be so narrow minded and spiteful. So much for
scientific method and objectivity. This is the "I'm right and you're stupid
so shut up" method of argument.

I apologize to members of this list. This is not the place for non-XML
debates and religious fervor (which includes *BOTH* sides of the debate).