   RE: [xml-dev] License Feedback

> But if you're depending on Saxon, and Saxon isn't compatible with
> Apache, then you're already stuck. That ship has sailed. Your product
> won't be able to be combined with Apache code.

It depends whether your lawyer earns more money by telling you it's
compatible or by telling you it isn't. It all depends on how they choose to
interpret words like "linking".

I am continuously amazed by the fact that people are prepared to pay lawyers
large amounts of money to go through the fine print of these incredibly
generous licenses - and then ask for changes! (Once or twice I've responded
by saying I was prepared to consider making changes in return for money, and
you can guess what the reaction was.)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/