   Seeking Examples of XSLT Memory Stress

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Seeking Examples of XSLT Memory Stress
  • From: Alan Gutierrez <alan-xml-dev@engrm.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:28:41 -0400

    As I've mentioned here recent, I've written a document object
    model that's file backed. I'm using it with Saxon.

    It is called Momento.

    It has a number of cool attributes, but in order to shape it
    into a meaningful release, I'd like to find get it working on
    the simplest problem it could solve, which would be source
    document memory issues in XSLT transforms.

    This would let me learn more about the applications I'm looking
    to solve, and give me insight into how to proceede with
    development of indices.

    If anyone has transforms that are facing memory issues due to
    large source documents, please share them with me. I'm willing
    to help solve memory problems so I can develop a useful 1.0
    release.

    I'm going to release Momento as open source under an MIT or
    Apache license (still researching). One or the other.

    Thoughts?

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html