   Re: [xml-dev] Can we treat XML elements and attributes as sets

> The discussion topic I started was, "can we treat XML
> elements and attributes as sets" still eludes me. I
> think they should be treated as sets, as we can
> perform useful mathematical operations on XML
> documents using set operators.

Perhaps.  But XML says that the order of elements is important, so you
can't do that.  It might have been less confusing to you had the various
things you've read said "ordered set," but XML never claimed to be a
mathematical system.

The order of elements matters; the order of attributes doesn't.  It's not
going to change.

	/r$