   Re: [xml-dev] indexing and querying XML (not XQuery)

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

> all of the available tables to get that info.  Doable but
> not for the faint of resources.  Add full-text to that and it
> becomes a job for Google farms.  How well would Google
> work if they weren't cacheing the web?

I guess this is my point. If you indexed your tables with Lucene and
searched on *that* index you would use much less resources and it would
be much faster. But I was talking about XML, which if search required
bringing everything into DOMs, it would be much slower and much more
resource intensive than a RDB.

As for Steve DeRose's stuff -- my brain hurts from reading it...

best,
-Rob