   Improving Standards and Specifications with WikiPedia

In a recent discussion about sensor specifications, I pointed
out to one editor that it would be useful if the glossary
definitions in the spec were copied into WikiPedia where
they would instantly be available to interested parties.

Since a considerable number of editors hang out in these
parts, what say you?  Sometimes we don't always know which
definitions are being promulgated in standards or specs
that don't directly affect us but are consonant or dissonant
with work we are doing.  Wikipedia is neat way to find
out about the conceptual overlaps and to correct and
converge, or at least, expose the conflicts and determine
when bifurcation is warranted.

The answers.com widget is a very handy one to have, and
as each spec or standard contributes it's definitions to
wikipedia, the overall value of the webAsLibrary goes up.

len