   XML FAQ 4.3

Version 4.3 of the XML FAQ (September 2005) is now available at:

      http://xml.silmaril.ie/

The printable (PDF, PS) versions will be updated later.

Updates this quarter:

	What is XML *for*?
	More on the Prolog
	Minor corrections to details of parsing and validation
	More examples of use of CDATA
	Added details of reserved words to section on special characters
	New section on conditional XML
	New section on Infrequently Asked Questions (glossary of oddments
		that occasionally get asked about)

Upcoming next quarter:

	XML Pipelines (deferred)

Please report all errors and problems to me by email to the address
xmlFAQ@Silmaril.IE.  By all means also post queries to the newsgroups
and mailing lists, but please copy them to me also if you want them to
be actioned.

If you are responsible for other lists, groups, or sites which link
to the old address (http://www.ucc.ie/xml/) I would be grateful if
you would update them. The old (uppercase) fragment identifiers are
still in place for backward compatibility, but if you link to the FAQ,
please use the new page structure.

///Peter