   Re: [xml-dev] XSLT 2.0: Definition of a structure and its use

> I am sorry, that is what I don't understand. How to do two transforms in succession?

well the simplest is to write the result of the first transform out as a
file and then just process the file. It's best to do it that way while
debugging as you get to see the intermediate stage.

Most API allow you to avoid the overhead of serialising and writing to a
file and parsing it back, and just pass the output tree from one to the
other, but that depends entirely on the api you are using to call xslt.

You can however do it in one stylesheet if it is more convenient, since
you are using 2.0 you don't need x:node-set() just store the modified
tree in a variable then apply templates to that:

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:variable name="x">
 <xsl:apply-templates mode="pass1"/>
</xsl:variable>
</xsl:apply-templates mode="pass2" select="$x"/>
</xsl:template>

Then have templates in pass1 mode that just expand references, and
templates in pass2 mode that do whatever you want to do.

David

http://www.star.net.uk