   Goodbye XML-Deviant

In case you didn't notice, a new XML-Deviant column is out this week on
http://www.xml.com, and it opens with the following Editor's Note:

"""
/In this column, Micah Dubinko concludes XML.com's longest running
column, XML-Deviant, by looking back at how things have changed and how
they've stayed the same. It's time for XML.com to evolve, now that the
classic era of core XML specifications is ending. Part of that evolution
includes saying goodbye to an old, valued friend so that room can be
made for something new. Dubinko is working on some new column ideas and
will return next month./
"""

First of all, that explains why I was recently researching permathreads,
no? :) In the early days, XML-Deviant was a straight-up summary of the
goings on from the xml-dev list. As time went on, it gradually broadened
out to cover more community issues. At least it went out on a very
fitting note.

All things must end, but an end is just a beginning for something else.
I've posted to my blog about it:
http://dubinko.info/blog/2005-09/deviant.html

So, let me hear your ideas for a replacement column. Add comments to the
blog or send me direct email. Think broadly, beyond what the die-hards
that hang out on xml-dev might be interested in. Your thoughts will help
me filter my idea pool, and maybe even suggest some new avenues.

What kind of column will generate lots of regular readers?

Thanks!

.micah

--
100% Personal opinion