   Re: [xml-dev] Semantic equivalence of xml documents

Yves Langisch wrote:

>Hi
>
>We have defined a pretty large xml schema document. Based on this
>schema, our customers build instance documents. What we would like to do
>now is to compare two of them at a time to their semantic equality. Is
>there any tool which can handle such requirements? As the input it
>should take the schema docs and two instance documents. The only url I
>found to this topic is
>http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-diff/index.html . What
>we also tried is XmlUnit but our documents seem to be too complex/nested
>for the tool.

creating diffs and measuring similarity in xml is all possible using a
suite of Perl packages (String::Compare) ….though how to measure
structural similarities between XML files….there is a bit of research
but very little code on the ground for this....

I have had good results with ssddiff...

http://ssddiff.alioth.debian.org/

there is quite a bit of useful links off this .

hth Jim Fuller