   RE: [xml-dev] Semantic equivalence of xml documents

  • To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Semantic equivalence of xml documents
  • From: Yves Langisch <lists@langisch.ch>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:38:40 +0200
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

okay, to talk about semantic equivalence in general is delicate. In our
case we have the assumption that if repeteable elements occurs, the
order is not relevant. We just want to check the presence of data on the
same level. At the moment we have a stylesheet which orders repeatable
elements (can be of a complex type) by, for example, the content of the
first sub-element. When we do this with the two input documents we can
compare the two output documents by a string comparison (apart from
possible whitespaces).

Maybe there is a better solution?