   RE: [xml-dev] Help needed in namespaces!

Hi, Joe-

| this is wrong, at least given the way I parse that sentence.
|
| unprefixed attributes aren't in any namespace at all.  that
| surprised me a fair bit when I was trying to grok XML namespaces.
|
| in practice, it doesn't seem to matter much.  once you've
| used a namespace to disambiguate a given element, there's not
| usually room for confusion at the attribute level.  so people
| seem to generally manage with unprefixed (and therefor
| un-namespaced) attributes.  but if for some reason you do
| want to put an attribute into a namespace, you must prefix
| the attribute name.

Yes, I do believe you're right, both about them not being in a namespace,
and about it being non-intuitive. ;)

I guess what I wanted him to take away from that was that he didn't need to
prefix most attributes, but that there were exceptions. But I did misstate
it.

Thanks for the correction.

Regards-
Doug