   how to skip parsing of a subtree?

  • To: XML Developers List <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: how to skip parsing of a subtree?
  • From: Anil Philip <goodnewsforyou@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 06:46:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I am using SAX/Java to parse through a tree of nodes
looking for a particular subtree. Each node has a
nodeId attribute (an int).
When I find the subtree, I want to parse it into
nodes. However it would be a waste to parse the rest
of the xml file; how do I skip parsing the rest?
Parsing the rest of the file would be simply
unnecessary.
(I assume SAX is pre-order tree traversal).
thanks,
Anil

for good news go to http://members.tripod.com/~goodnewsforyou/goodnews.html

Yahoo! Music Unlimited