   Re: [xml-dev] funny parser

Dirk Huenniger wrote:
> Robin Berjon wrote:
>>Yes, that or an XPath should work quite well. It's routinely done in a
>>variety of situations. You may wish to look at XUpdate for instance
>>(assuming you want to reuse an existing piece of technology).
>
> I just took a look at XUpdate. And it seems to be OK, but I need some
> funny callbacks on the client side.
> And they are very important for my project. And I did not find them in
> XUpdate.

If XUpdate doesn't do what you need, don't use it. I was pointing to it
because it solves quite a few update use cases and they've already done
the job of documenting it, but don't try to shoe-horn it into your
solution if it doesn't fit, that wouldn't buy you anything.

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist